Beware Stonefish these holidays!

Stonefish

Stonefish are covered in spines that carry highly toxic venom. They generally lie on the seabed where they are camouflaged and resemble rough stones or coral. Being stung by this fish is extremely dangerous and painful, medical attention must be sought immediately.

Unfortunately we have had two cases of stonefish stings within the past two days from children playing in the water in the passage. Please ensure you wear suitable protective footwear when wading in shallow water and do not attempt to pick up any submerged rocks or coral.

Stay safe these holidays and if you know anyone holidaying in the area please pass on the message.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s