Vaccination remains our best defence against seasonal influenza and with the flu season approaching it is important to get vaccinated to protect yourself and those around you.
The government provides funded vaccines for the following categories of people:
- all people aged 65 years or older
- pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- all children aged 6 months to under 5 years of age
- people with a medical condition that places them at increased risk of complications from influenza.
While the government provides funded vaccines for those at highest risk it is still recommended the remainder of the community arrange an annual vaccine. If you are not eligible for a funded vaccination please contact us to arrange for a script. Injections can be purchased at the local pharmacy and we can arrange for one of our nurses to administer the vaccination. All appointments for influenza immunisations are bulk billed at our practice.
In order to have appropriate coverage for the flu season it is recommended to receive your vaccination in late-April or May, however if you miss this period it is never too late to vaccinate.
Please contact our reception on 07 3408 1333 to book in your flu shot now.
***Please phone the practice as our online booking system is not suitable for this type of booking.